Artists of the interdisciplinary artistic organization Hardingpuls in Hardanger have since 2004 made several unique projects with art in the landscape, and site-specific art events in cooperation with invited external artists.
We have started a new and larger three year project where we use four areas in Hardanger. The first 19 artists created site-specific artworks in 2014. The second group of artists added works in the area, in 2015. In may 2016 there will be added even more works at the different locations.
By using the landscape as a stage we make the art openly accessible and the audience will experience and enjoy art and nature at the same time. The participating artists are local from Hardanger, but we have also invited artists from Norway and the North.
The four locations are:
– Along the road until Mælen in Jondal municipality.
– In the surroundings of the Hardanger folkemuseum in Utne, in the council of Ullensvang.
– Along the walking- and cycle path, up to the Hardangerbridge in Bu, in the council of Ullensvang.
– At Straumhaugen, along Strandvegen and at Hardanger Maritime museum in Norheimsund, in the council of Kvam.
Until 2016 the art trails will be supplemented with new artwork by several Norwegian and international artists, while other works will return to nature or will be removed. This means that there will be something new to experience every year. Some works will stay for several years.
Vision and Goals
- To make Hardanger an arena for – art in the landscape – landscape art.
- To integrate experiencing art with experiencing nature for the audience.
- To strengthen the identity of the current and future Hardanger as a modern art region while
the historical background still lives on.
- To create professional inspiration, exchange and cooperation between the local and the visiting artists.
Project manager: Solfrid Aksnes
Member of the project-group: Aud Bækkelund
Curator: Kjell-Erik Ruud
Photographer: Oddleiv Apneseth
Follow us on FaceBook: